Certifying your home health coding proficiency is an important step in your career as a home health coder. It’s tangible validation of your education and expertise, empowering you to rise in your profession and demonstrate your leadership in the field.
WellSky’s (formerly Fazzi’s) BCHH-C Certification covers the four domains of coding competency — coding, regulatory, health information documentation, and OASIS. Through eight learning modules, our coding experts will use these domains to guide you through coding application in realistic home health scenarios.
Each interactive learning module features a combination of presentation videos, practice activities, and discussion with course colleagues. WellSky’s affordable, comprehensive, and remote course is a convenient way to earn your certification.
With WellSky’s BCHH-C bundle, you’ll receive:
- Access to gold-standard, online preparation lessons
- Access to a 100-question, online proctored certification examination (1 Exam Attempt)
- A printed OASIS-D1 Field Guide
A NOTE ABOUT THE CODE BOOK: We will be mailing out bonus OASIS-D Field Guides to all participants. You do not need this for the course, but may bring it to help you with the OASIS segments of the BCHH-C exam. Course participants will need a current ICD-10-CM Home Health & Hospice code book to participate in the course and exam. You can purchase this through Decision Health or Optum.
You have one year from your date of purchase to complete the course and schedule your exam.
Although there are no prerequisites our BCHH-C Course is not a beginner course. Some introductory coding exposure (medical coding & billing program) along with the following is suggested:
Clinical Background (not required).
- Understanding of medical terms and anatomy and physiology (A&P).
- Understanding of home health (including eligibility).
- Good critical thinking and logic skills.
This ICD-10 Homecare specific coding training may be used to prepare for ANY home health coding certification such as the HCS-D or the BCHH-C.
Please Note: It is the responsibility of the certification candidate to take the required preparatory steps to sit for the expert level certification exam. Educational preparation through WellSky is not required prior to taking the exam and a pass/ fail of the certification exam is not solely linked to WellSky OASIS education. We recommend experience and working knowledge of OASIS along with educational preparation prior to attempting the exam. Although we will work with all candidates to provide the best possible learning experience, environment, and opportunity to advance his/ her career through obtaining the distinguished certification, meeting the level of expertise required is solely the responsibility of the candidate.
WEB BROWSER REQUIREMENTS
Moodle will operate using the browsers listed below, but typically runs best in the latest versions, so you may want to consider upgrading your browser to the most recent version.
The WellSky Learning Center requires an up-to-date web browser and supports the current versions of Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft EDGE.
We do not not support Internet Explorer, as Microsoft has ended support for that browser.
- Internet Connection of 15mbs Download or Better
- Exceptions in Pop-Up Blocker https://learning.wellsky.com
- Note: You may find it helpful to have more than one browser installed on your computer. If you run into problems using Moodle, moving to another browser may resolve your issues.
REQUIRED BROWSER SETTINGS
The following browser settings should be selected:
- Enable Cookies
- Do not block pop-up windows
- Note: In some browsers, you can make an exception for Moodle if you don't want to use these settings for all websites.
RECOMMENDED BROWSER ADD-ONS
The following add-ons may need to be installed if your browser is not already configured with them:
- Adobe PDF Reader and PDF browser plugin will let you view PDFs in a browser window without opening a separate program.
- Download Adobe Acrobat Reader at http://get.adobe.com/reader/. The download includes the browser plugin. To install this plugin, just follow prompts.
EXAM Requirements (PROCTORED EXAMS ONLY)
Review the following requirements for your camera, operating system, upload/download speeds, RAM, ports, microphones and browsers. Also included is a list of technology not currently supported by ProctorU.
- Internet Connection: Wifi Connection
- PC Users: Windows 8 (Windows 10 S mode is not supported)Mac Users: MacOS 10.13 (Oldest Still Maintained Version)
- CPU: more than 2 core CPU less than 85% CPU Usage
- WebCam: 640x480 resolution
- Internet Download Speed: 1 Mbps
- Internet Upload Speed: 1 Mbps
- RAM: 4 GB less than 95% Ram Usage
- Connectivity Ports: 1935, 843, 80, 443, 61613, UDP/TCP
- Screen Resolution: 1366 x 768
- Chromebook Users: (Only for Automated Proctoring. Is not Supported for Live Proctoring) Chrome device is running the latest version of Chrome OS
- A functioning microphone (some web cameras have them built-in)
- A compatible browser: Google Chrome (preferred) or Mozilla Firefox
- Microsoft Internet Explorer, Apple Safari
- Google Chromebooks (for Live Proctoring only)
- Tablets (Nexus, iPad, Tab, Note, etc.)
- Linux operating systems
- Windows 10 in S mode or Surface RT
- No running inside a virtual machine. You will be asked to reconnect using your host operating system to take your exam
- Inactive Version of Windows and Test Builds/Test Mode